If you’re worried about aging skin, wrinkles and sun damage, it’s time to put a few timeless solutions to the test. Ready to find out how to improve upon your daily regimen and gather some tips on anti-aging fashion, makeup and skincare? Read on to learn more.
Beauty isn’t just about how you look – it’s also how you feel. If you’re discouraged about your appearance, it’s time to revamp your fashion and beauty habits and start paving the way for more youthful-looking skin. In this article, you’ll learn some tips that go beyond the latest fashion trends and beauty products. Find out how you can achieve a youthful, radiant complexion. Then, turn your attention to your wardrobe and beauty regimen to learn how some small changes can make a big difference.
- Develop a daily skincare regimen. Want beautiful skin? Then put some thought into how you care for it each day. Your daily skincare regimen depends on factors that go above and beyond any of-the-moment products and tips. Consider your age, your skin type and specific skin concerns you’d like to address. See a dermatologist if you need help starting out; read more here: Dermatologist 101: How a Visit Can Transform Your Routine .
- Don’t be afraid of change. Once you’ve developed a regimen that suits your skin, don’t think that you have to rigidly adhere to it. A successful beauty regimen should change through the years, adapting to your skin’s current needs, as well as changing with the seasons. Read more about seasonal skincare changes here: Skin Care Solutions for Every Season.
- Protect skin every day, in multiple ways. If you think that all it takes to protect your skin from UV damage is using that old tube of sunscreen before a trip to the beach, think again. Keeping your skin youthful means diligently using an SPF product daily, regardless of the weather – yes, UV rays can still cause damage on cloudy days. For an extra dose of protection from UV rays, try a sunscreen that also includes antioxidants, like Jan Marini Antioxidant Face Protectant SPF 30.
- Love your hair color. Even if you’re not dealing with grey hairs quite yet, consider a color change to make you look younger overall. According to Woman’s Day, “If your hair color doesn’t complement your skin tone and facial features, it could age you.” Whether you choose an all-over color or highlights, the change doesn’t have to be drastic. New York City hair stylist Rita Hazan suggests to Woman’s Day that women should select a shade that’s within one shade of their natural hair color, and then add a few well-placed golden highlights. “A few framing the face and at the crown look natural,” she says.
- Perfect your pout. In your efforts to achieve youthful skin, are you incorporating anti-aging treatments that target fine lines and wrinkles around your mouth? As we age, the lips naturally become thinner and lose moisture, and can age your appearance. Try incorporating a formula that plumps, hydrates and smoothes the lips, such as Dr. Brandt Lineless Lines No More for Lips.
- Say no to heavy makeup. A thick layer of heavy powder won’t mask those fine lines and wrinkles – in fact, it’ll only draw more attention to facial lines. According to Good Housekeeping, “Heavy powder accentuates lines and wrinkles: A light, even fluffy, powder is best for a lined face.” If you prefer a liquid foundation, choose a lightweight formula or even a tinted moisturizer. For a glowing complexion, try Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Moisturizer SPF 15 Medium.
- Use primer. A high-quality primer is an often-overlooked anti-aging trick that every woman should have in her makeup bag. "Primer blurs the appearance of uneven skin and fine lines, so your face seems smoother,” makeup artist Maria Verel tells Redbook. A multi-purpose primer like Peter Thomas Roth UnWrinkle Primer gives skin a smooth, even texture while fighting fine lines and wrinkles. You can use primer under your foundation or tinted moisturizer, or alone for an easy complexion pick-me-up.
- Focus on the eyes. The delicate skin around the eyes is probably one of the first places you noticed wrinkles – and if you’re not protecting that area, you’re adding more damage each day. In addition to your evening eye cream, add a protective formula to your anti-aging arsenal. “Every morning, apply an eye cream with antioxidants to fight free-radical damage from the sun and pollution,” suggests Allure. Try PRIORI Idebenone Eye Serum.
- Smile more! A smile lifts your mood and radiates health and happiness – it’s like an instant makeover. Keep your smile looking youthful by caring for your lips and teeth. If you can’t afford a professional whitening treatment, you have plenty of options – from whitening toothpastes and trays to on-the-go brush applicators. Try a kit like Supersmile Introductory Whitening System.
- Follow your own fashion trends. Worried that the latest trends are too young or simply won’t look good on you? Instead of blindly following celebrity fashion advice, rely on your own sense of fashion, and choose items that make you look and feel your best – whether it’s a classic black cocktail dress, a pretty, feminine blouse or that pair of jeans that fits just right. Read more about fashion for mature women here: Fashion for Mature Women: 5 Anti-Aging and Beauty Tips.
No matter how old you are, it’s never too late for a change. Whether it’s incorporating anti-aging products into your regimen or trying out a new color palette in your makeup and wardrobe, these timeless beauty tips can help you to boost your beauty and complexion, every day.
The Top Worst Excuses for Feeling Ugly: “Time & Money”
Anti-Aging Sun Damage Prevention: 5 Easy Ways to Protect Your Skin
Gorgeous at Any Age Part 2: Anti-Aging Beauty