Struggling with how to care for menopausal skin? Since every woman’s biology is different, there’s no single way to treat the side effects of menopause. However, there ways you can help to ease the transition. Here you’ll find information on how menopause changes skin, with conditions ranging from rosacea and acne to dark circles and hair loss. Get tips on how to treat these common conditions using at-home remedies and other beauty treatments designed to pamper and relieve menopausal skin. Plus, learn how to create a complete anti-aging skincare regimen to help you reclaim healthy, vibrant skin through menopause and beyond.
Menopause brings with it a barrage of changes, often requiring major adjustments to your normal beauty routine. But there’s no need to feel stymied and unattractive during menopause. Read on for our supportive guide to caring for hair and skin from head to toe throughout all stages of menopause.
- Beauty During Menopause: 10 Ways to Pamper Your Skin. Every woman can benefit from some pampering, particularly during times of physical and emotional stress – and stress can be an all-too-common byproduct of the onset of menopause. Rather than simply treating unpleasant menopause symptoms, why not take some time to improve how you look and feel in the long-term? This article offers 10 skin-saving and mood-enhancing pick-me-ups, including massage, yoga, aromatherapy and high-quality pampering products specially formulated for mature skin.
- Intrinsic and Extrinsic Aging. For women, menopause is just one part of the aging process; other elements, from under-eye circles to sun damage, need attention too. Find out the difference between intrinsic and extrinsic aging, which signs you can prevent and treat and how you can better equip yourself – and your skin – for the years ahead.
- Menopause and Your Skin: Acne and Rosacea. Are your hormones wreaking havoc on your skin? Skin issues like acne and rosacea can be an unfortunate byproduct of menopause. But don’t let a troubled complexion stand in the way of looking and feeling your best during menopause. Find out some key ways to combat and treat acne and rosacea through a tailor-made skincare regimen.
- Menopause and Troublesome Skin: Skincare Solutions for Menopausal Acne and Skin Conditions. In order to treat skin concerns like acne, it helps to first understand the cause – especially since acne flare-ups during menopause aren’t as straightforward as adolescent breakouts and require different products – for effective treatment. Whether you’re suffering from loss of elasticity, excess oil or rosacea, discover how you can treat and prevent problematic skin with some everyday lifestyle and beauty tips.
- Menopause and Anti-Aging Skin Care in Your 50s. Your skincare routine should change as you do – including adding anti-aging formulas and makeup tips for maintaining youthful skin. Learn how you can keep your skin healthy and radiant in your 50s by managing menopause symptoms like rosacea and collagen loss. Curious about options that offer more immediate results? Get the facts on Botox, thread lifts and other professional procedures that can dramatically improve your skin.
- Dry Skin During Menopause: Correct and Protect. You have enough to worry about during menopause – why stress over dry skin? By adding a few products to your everyday skincare arsenal, you can reclaim soft, hydrated skin no matter what your hormones are doing. But first, find out the culprit behind your dryness and learn how to adjust not only your formulas, but your lifestyle too.
- Anti-Aging Skincare Regimen in Your 40s: Managing Acne, Wrinkles and Skin Damage. Once you hit your 40s, you might be noticing more distinct changes in your skin – adult acne, fine lines and wrinkles can make an appearance, especially if you haven’t made sun protection a habit. Whether you’re looking for dramatic anti-aging procedures, or simply want to revitalize your skin as it ages, we’ve got tips to modify your skincare routine so your pre-menopausal skin looks younger in the years to come.
- Oily Skin During Menopause: 7 Ways to Manage Symptoms. While some women might struggle with dry skin during menopause, others are plagued by excess oil. Rather than waste your time trying to balance your skin through trial and error, look to this article for quality formulas to add to your routine, as well as DIY scrubs, facials and masks to help with oil build-up at home.
- Top Beauty Treatments for Menopausal Skin. It may feel like menopause brings one challenge after another, especially when it comes to your skin. But by understanding your skin’s needs as it ages and changes, you can create an effective regimen to treat any concern you’re facing. From wrinkles and crow’s feet to acne and muscle tension, find out the best beauty treatments for soothing and improving menopausal skin.
- Menopause and Your Changing Skin: Top 10 Questions. Most women don’t feel “prepared” for menopause – especially when it comes to changes in appearance and the health of their skin and hair. Get answers to questions about thinning hair, adult acne and more, plus find out which products are worth the extra investment.
- Menopause and Dark Circles: Refresh and Awaken Your Skin. With estrogen levels declining during menopause, the delicate skin around the eyes can become thinner, leading to shadowy under-eye circles. No need to look older than your age or more tired than you actually are – find out how simple lifestyle changes, key skincare products and illuminating makeup can brighten your look.
- Menopause Remedies at Home: Skincare Recipes for Acne, Wrinkles and Other Menopause Symptoms. Looking for relief from dry skin, under-eye circles, acne or stretch marks? Pamper yourself at home with these DIY treatments that use everyday ingredients like baking soda, sugar, oatmeal and lemon juice. You’ll fight the effects of menopause on your skin while also treating yourself to some beauty TLC.
- Hair Loss During Menopause: 6 Steps to Minimize Symptoms. If the hormonal changes during menopause are affecting your hair, you’re not alone – up to 75 percent of women struggle with hair loss while going through menopause. To help reduce symptoms until your hair grows back, discover easy ways to modify your lifestyle and hair care routine.
- Prevent Menopause Symptoms Now: 6 Ways to Maintain Healthy Skin. When you’re dealing with the myriad effects of menopause on your skin, it helps to start with the basics. From reevaluating your skin type to improving your lifestyle and eating habits, empower yourself with this thorough skincare guide.
- Fashion for Mature Women: 5 Anti-Aging and Beauty Tips. Getting older definitely doesn’t mean losing your style. Whether you’re approaching menopause or are already dealing with the symptoms, explore ways to feel beautiful from head to toe. Start with getting your skin in top shape, and then have fun with makeup, fashion and accessories that show off your best features. With so many fresh and sophisticated options for enhancing your personal style, you’ll have no problem finding the look that works for you, at any age.
Change is never easy – especially when it comes to your body and health. But if you learn how to alter your beauty routine to meet your body’s changing needs, you can face menopause head-on with healthy skin and classic style.
Top 100 Skincare & Beauty Articles of the Year
Office Beauty Handbook: Skincare Guide to a Professional Appearance in the Workplace
Skincare & Beauty FAQ Handbook – Part 3: Anti-Aging
Skincare & Beauty FAQ Handbook – Part 7: Cosmetic Procedures