An effective skin care regimen with high quality ingredients doesn’t have to break the bank. We’ve combed the best, most budget-friendly products on the market to create an affordable, effective skin care regimen for the guy in your household.
Thankfully, with an expanding market of men’s skin care formulas, there are plenty of products at all price points that make creating a budget-friendly routine all the easier. From nourishing cleansers and refreshing toners to hydrating moisturizers and anti-aging eye serums, these affordable and effective formulas will leave the man in your house looking better than ever.
Affordable face care
- Shave: Shaving often tops the list of a guy’s skin care concerns. To make the most of this daily ritual, it’s essential to have an arsenal of products that help ensure smooth, healthy skin without unwanted irritations like bumps and razor burn.
To get the most for your money, look for multitasking products like Jack Black Beard Lube Conditioning Shave. This time-saving lube serves as a hydrating pre-shave oil, shaving cream and skin conditioner for a one-step shave that leaves behind a healthy, smooth face.
- Tone: Often mistaken as a skin care step that’s “just for her,” toning is great opportunity to infuse his hard-working complexion with nourishing ingredients and moisture. Anthony Logistics Alcohol-Free Toner features a blend of aloe vera, calendula and chamomile to calm and hydrate.
- Cleanse: Every guy will appreciate this two-in-one formula that exfoliates and cleanses. Billy Jealousy Bar None Face Wash is the ideal pre-shave cleanser that contains a blend of naturally exfoliating antioxidants for skin that stays fresh and cleansed from nine to five.
- Hydrate: For more multi-tasking, budget-friendly products, reach for Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturizer. This lightweight hydrator boasts SPF 20 to defend his skin from daily sun damage as well as antioxidant-infused blue algae and sea parsley to bring potent anti-aging benefits.
- Restore: Even though guys can more easily get away with the rugged look, their eyes are still the first and most susceptible area where aging occurs. Menscience Eye Gel Mask uses temperature therapy to tighten and brighten the delicate area around the eyes. All it takes is 15 minutes for a younger, more attractive appearance.
Body care on a budget
From exfoliating body bars to citrus soaps, with all of the great body products designed for men, the days of plain old bar soap are long gone. Find the formulas that contain high quality ingredients that’ll bring nourished, hydrated skin from head to toe. Here are our top picks:
- Exfoliate: Keep his skin looking radiantly fresh and vibrant by slipping him an exfoliating body bar like Anthony Logistics Mud Scrub Exfoliating Bar. This vegetable-based body bar is anything but the standard bar soap. Formulated with a blend of Dead Sea mud, oatmeal and glycerin, this gritty body bar will gently clear impurities from the pores while smoothing, cleansing and moisturizing skin.
Hair care for less
Even if guys don’t always like to admit it, most love to nurture their locks – even if it’s with a no-nonsense approach. These budget-friendly hair care formulas will ensure that any many can maintain tresses that are healthy, thick and handsome.
- Condition: For the guy on the go, Alterna BAMBOO Men Nourishing Conditioner and Shaving Cream conditions with organic bamboo extract and hemp seed oil, leaving his locks shiny and hydrated. He can also use this convenient formula as a shaving cream to layer skin with nourishing protection for a smooth, flawless shave.
- Style: Billy Jealousy Cool Medium Hair Gel brings all day hold in a lightweight formula that won’t weigh hair down. This thickening formula also features ingredients to support healthy hair growth.
A top-quality skin care routine for a man of style doesn’t have to leave an empty wallet behind. To get the most for your time and money, look for multi-tasking products that do more for less. For more tips on building an effective skin care routine, read our Guide to Men's Skincare.
Spa Day: It’s a Guy Thing (Really!)
Office Skincare for Men: 5 Tips for Confidence and Success
A Man's Guide to a Perfectly Shaved Head
Hair Removal for Men: Trouble Spots