Want radiant skin, luscious hair and stunning nails, without spending a fortune? Whether your beauty budget means DIY, drugstore brands or the occasional high-end splurge, we’ve got tips to satisfy your beauty cravings and your wallet. From affordable anti-aging products to guilt-free pampering, these 20 articles offer priceless advice for a cost-conscious beauty routine.
- Budget Beauty: Where to Spend Your Money. When it comes to choosing skincare products, knowing what’s worth the splurge—and what you can pass on—may be a challenge. Here you’ll find clear-cut tips on how to allocate your budget for skincare and beauty to help avoid pricey mistakes. For instance, rather than dropping a pretty penny on a fancy makeup remover or a high-end cleanser, save your splurges for serums and night creams, which come with a higher concentration of active ingredients. Find out more about which products are worth their higher price tag and which can deliver all the benefits you need without the extra money.
- 12 Questions to Ask Before Splurging on Skincare. Ever made an impulse buy on the latest and greatest beauty product, only to regret it later? These 12 essential questions will help you consider a purchase thoroughly before you drop the big bucks. Know whether a product is right for your skin type, how often you’ll use it and if research substantiates its claims; that way you’re more likely to avoid buyer’s remorse. Before you’re faced with your next beauty decision, check out our full list of helpful questions to ask before giving in to the urge to splurge.
- Smart Skincare Shopping. We all want dramatic results from our skincare products, but is it worth spending $50 to $100 on that promising serum or skin cream? Skincare ingredients are more advanced than ever, but that also means they’re more expensive. From pricey essential oils in face and body products to pure pigments in color cosmetics, it helps to know what’s worth the extra money. Learn how to do your homework on ingredients, get more for your money and determine the true quality of your makeup and skincare.
- 10 Penny-Pinching Ways to Pamper Yourself. Treating yourself to a beauty treatment can seem like an indulgence, particularly in a struggling economy. Fortunately, you can pamper yourself without overspending—and enjoy benefits like less stress and better skin. Here are 10 budget-friendly ways to treat yourself with easy at-home beauty treatments for your hair, skin and nails. Plus, get suggestions for decadent but affordable products, from chemical-free nail polish to nourishing hair masks and sweet-smelling body washes.
- Anti-Aging Regimen for Under $100. Aging gracefully shouldn’t mean emptying your bank account. In order to create an effective and affordable anti-aging routine, you first need to know where to spend your money. Rather than splurge on a fancy cleanser, find something gentle and hydrating for aging skin. Save your money for a high-quality eye cream to combat puffiness and crow’s feet. Follow our step-by-step guide to learn more about effective anti-aging products with reasonable price tags.
- Budget Your Beauty in the New Year. If one of your resolutions is to cut back on your spending habits, learning how to save on beauty and skincare is essential. With a few key tips, you can maintain your healthy complexion while saving money. Streamline your beauty routine by using at-home treatments, being moderate with your creams and cleansers and choosing products that multitask. Get more tips on how to modify your beauty habits for a healthier, wealthier New Year.
- Money-Saving Tips for Radiant Summer Skin. The heat of summer can take its toll on your skin—excess oil, breakouts, dry skin and sun damage are just a few possible side effects of high temperatures. But getting your skin in shape doesn’t mean your wallet has to suffer. Learn how to treat imbalanced skin with home remedies and achieve natural radiance without spending a fortune.
- Sunscreens that Save Your Skin and Your Wallet. No matter the season, wearing sunscreen should be a daily habit. Rather than blowing money on expensive products, look for an affordable sunscreen that protects your skin from UVA and UVB rays. Here we list recommendations for effective, inexpensive sunscreens to use year-round. Plus, educate yourself about proper sun protection and get money-saving tips on how to further cut the cost of sunscreen.
- 10 Skin-Boosting Recipes for Spring & Summer. If you’re on a budget, one of the easiest ways to cut costs—and achieve glowing skin—is to make your own skin treatments. These 10 DIY beauty recipes require minimal effort, and chances are you already have some of the ingredients in your kitchen. Whether you’re looking for a quick fix to brighten dull skin or a simple remedy for problems like acne and rosacea, check out this article for whipping up natural skin treatments at home.
- 5 DIY Treatments to Boost Winter Skin and Hair. The benefits of homemade beauty treatments aren’t just available in the warm months; winter is a great time to indulge in some DIY fun as well. Beat the cold-weather beauty blues with treatments that are fresh, customizable and wallet-friendly. Here you’ll find easy recipes for facial masks, hair treatments, body oil and more. Plus, get recommendations for pre-made products and tips on safe storage.
- Holiday Guide for the Ladies: Gifts Under $50. Need a gift for a lovely lady in your life? This thorough guide offers affordable options for women in need of some pampering, whether they’re beauty beginners or skincare addicts. You’ll find gift ideas for minimalists, makeup mavens and women who love a natural approach to beauty, including a greener lifestyle. There’s even suggestions for the gal on the go who needs multipurpose beauty options for travel. All for under $50, so you can spoil her without breaking your budget.
- Get Creative for Mother’s Day with These 7 Budget-Friendly Tips for Gifts. You don’t have to spend a lot of money to show Mom you care. With some time and creativity, you can surprise her with a one-of-a-kind gift she’ll love. Host a beauty bash, bottle up your own skincare creations or create a beauty recipe book for her to experiment with at-home treatments. With these seven unique gift ideas, she’ll appreciate the time and effort you took to pamper her and you’ll stay within your budget.
- Budget-Friendly Valentine's Day Gifts. If you know a woman who can use some pampering this Valentine’s Day—be it your sweetheart, mom, sister or significant other—this is the place to find the perfect gifts. Surprise her with a basket of makeup goodies, some skincare essentials or create a special spa day in the comfort of her own home. Not sure what she likes? Opt for a gift card or a beauty collection that will offer her the perfect variety. Get more gift ideas, plus bargain-friendly tips, to make this Valentine’s Day extra special.
- How to Create Your Own Face Mask. Can’t afford a spa facial? Creating your own facials at home can be a cheap and effective alternative to pricey skin treatments. With ingredients like fruit, oatmeal, honey, brown sugar and olive oil, you can prepare a delectable concoction to address any skin concern. Learn how to refine and clear pores with an aspirin mask, moisturize with avocado, balance with yogurt and exfoliate with coffee grounds.
- A DIY Guide to Dyeing Your Hair. Coloring your own hair can be a great way to change up your look without upsetting your budget. However, it’s important to do some homework first. Are you noncommittal when it comes to color, or are you looking for something more dramatic and permanent? Before you head off to the store, learn how to find the right formula and shade for your hair, plus read up on hair dyeing dos and don’ts to help avoid damaging mishaps.
- At-Home Waxing: An Inexpensive Alternative. Whether you’ve been waxing for years or are trying it for the first time, this guide offers everything you need to know to establish an easy, inexpensive at-home waxing routine. Find out how waxing works and what type of at-home kit you need. Then, for an optimum experience, be sure to prepare your skin before waxing and give it some TLC after. Get more tips and precautions for smooth, healthy skin outside of the waxing salon.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Stunning Nails. Beautiful, professional-looking nails are within reach—and you don’t have to pay top dollar to get them. This step-by-step guide to a flawless manicure will have you flaunting your nails in no time. Start with filing your nails with a gentle nail file. Then treat your cuticles before applying a basecoat and topcoat. Get more key tips plus recommendations for quality products to perform your own manicure at home.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to the Perfect Pedicure. Shy about revealing your feet? A pretty pedicure can help. Rather than spending $20 or more on a salon treatment, read this informative guide to filing, soaking and painting your toenails at home. Learn how to care for your feet while you pamper your toes.
- Frugal Facials: Money-Saving Tips. Facials aren’t just a beauty indulgence; they also improve your skin’s health and appearance. To enjoy the benefits of facials without hurting your budget, learn how to find salon bargains or get what you need to perform a facial at home. This article walks you through the process of a salon facial and offers valuable tips on what to expect from an esthetician, key DIY ingredients, fabulous at-home facial products and more.
- Skin Care Products: Apply the Right Amount. Saving on skincare isn’t just about what products you buy—it’s about how much you use. You may be applying more product than you need, which can be a disservice to your skin and your wallet. Educate yourself on how to distribute the proper amount of eye cream, facial serum, cleanser and moisturizer, so that you’re getting the most out of your skin care investments.
There are tons of ways to care for yourself—and pamper those you love—while staying on a budget. All you need is a little time, knowledge and imagination. From creating your own beauty treatments to learning smart ways to splurge, our Beauty on a Budget Handbook has everything you need for maintaining healthy hair, skin and nails as part of a frugal lifestyle.
Complete Acne Handbook
Top 100 Beauty Blogs