The idea that skincare is only for women is a thing of the past; surveying any beauty aisle reveals that more and more skincare brands are offering formulas specifically for men. From cleansers and moisturizers to toners and shower gels, men now have an abundance of skincare options, which can sometimes make it difficult to choose the right products for their needs. Fortunately, we’ve made things easier by providing product guides, gift lists and other grooming and skincare essentials so that men can achieve healthy, youthful skin for years to come.
Because men have different skincare needs than women, choosing products designed specifically for men is essential. This is especially critical for those with sensitive skin, rosacea and other skin conditions that require specialized treatment. Whatever your skincare needs, don’t let shopping for skincare products be a daunting task. Take a look at these articles and learn more about how to achieve a healthy complexion and prevent skin irritations.
Men’s skincare product guides
How many men know the difference between a cleanser and a toner? Why is it important to understand ingredients and skin type before investing in new products? When it comes to building an effective regimen, it pays to do your homework. These articles cover the basics of men’s skincare, including product choices that cut out the guesswork.
- Guide to Men's Skincare. If your goal is to achieve healthy skin, it helps to have a game plan. The first step? Learning healthy habits. From skincare “dos” like exfoliating several times weekly to essential “don’ts” like using bar soap, here are easy ways to keep your skin clean, clear and healthy.
- Budget Skincare for the Whole Family: Skin and Hair Care Formulas for Men of Style. Want to improve your hair and skin without breaking the bank? Before you invest in new products that may or may not transform your appearance, check out this guide to affordable options for head-to-toe style. By knowing what to look for in products and treatments, men can look and feel their best without exceeding their budget.
- 5 Reasons Men Need Separate Skincare. Do men really need their own skincare products? The answer is yes – for several reasons. Not only do men have different hormones and thicker skin, but the added routine of shaving often presents skin concerns like razor bumps and irritation. Find out which skincare products are necessary for a man’s arsenal.
- Sensitive Skin Care for Men. Sensitive skin is a common condition that plagues many people, both men and women. Because men typically spend less time on their skin than women, finding products that manage sensitive skin and prevent irritation quickly and effectively is especially important. Here are some products we recommend.
- Confused About Men's Skincare Products? There's no shortage of skincare products on the market that cater to men's skin concerns, but with all the options available, how do men know which formulas will work best for their skin type? Save time and money with this guide to moisturizers, cleansers, toners and aftershave lotions designed specifically for men. From understanding ingredients to developing a complete grooming routine, learn what it takes to achieve a healthy complexion.
- ZIRH Review: Luxury Skin Care for Men. ZIRH is a line of skincare products designed especially for men. Professional athletes and celebrities swear by this company’s cutting edge products. Learn more about its award-winning cleansers, shaving gels, body washes and fragrances and how they can be incorporated into any man’s daily routine.
Staying current on fashion and skincare trends is a must if the goal is to maintain a well-groomed appearance. However, many men are unsure where to start with the right products and treatments for their daily regimen. These articles answer common questions about skincare, as well as offer tips to help men create a polished appearance for an excellent impression.
- FAQs Handbook Chapter 12: Men’s Skincare and Grooming - The 13 Questions & Answers. Keeping your skin in optimal shape isn’t just about appearance – it’s vital for health, especially as skin begins to age. For men who are looking for answers to some basic questions about proper skincare and grooming, this article can help. Use this guide as a shortcut to learning everything you need to know about shaving, anti-aging, acne, hair products and more.
- Office Skincare for Men: 5 Tips for Confidence and Success. When it comes to your professional life, a well-groomed appearance can provide a helpful boost to both style and confidence. This extends beyond a suit and tie to daily skincare, shaving and hair care. Fortunately, there are ways that even the busiest men can achieve healthy skin, without spending more than a few minutes each day. Learn more about the daily essentials here.
- Hair Removal for Men: Trouble Spots. Shaving isn’t always an easy process, especially for men who struggle with hard-to-reach hair on the neck, back, ears and nose. Here are some tips to remove unwanted hair and make your appearance more polished at any age and for all occasions.
- Men’s Essential Fashion & Grooming Tips. Even if your uniform of choice is sweats and T-shirts, knowing how to “clean up” nicely – whether for the workplace or a special occasion – is essential. Need some tips on stepping up your appearance? Here are some simple tips on how to make a good impression.
- A Man's Guide to a Perfectly Shaved Head. A shaved head is not only fashionable; it’s also a cool and efficient time-saver. However, a bald head comes with some unique skincare needs. If you’re eager to try this new style, learn how to do it properly to avoid skincare nightmares like razor bumps and irritation.
- Picking the Right Razor for You. Time for a new razor? Depending on your skin type, the quality of your razor can make all the difference in the health of your skin. The most common razor types are disposable and electric, but which is better for your skincare needs? There are pros and cons to each, so peruse this article before you shop.
Seasonal skincare for men
Skincare differs from season to season. The same products you use in the summer aren’t as effective for harsh, cold winter climates. Learn how the elements can affect men’s skin and what you can do to prevent damage and protect skin from extreme temperatures in any season.
- The Easy Guide to Summer Skincare for Men. For many men, summer skincare means slapping on some sunscreen at the beach, field or golf course. However, proper skincare requires a bit more than that. Excess sun exposure can lead to oily skin, acne breakouts and of course sweat. See how men can create a summer skincare regimen to avoid these common irritations.
- Men's Skin and Hair Care: Winter "Weapons" for Cold Weather. Cold weather can wreak havoc on even the toughest man’s skin. Therefore, it’s important for men to seek out skincare products that will nourish skin and protect it from the elements. Here are some products for men’s hair and skin to make it through the harsh winter without dryness and damage.
- Skincare Rules for Men: Wintertime. Cold weather can leave skin and lips chapped and dry, which is why the cold months call for specialized skincare. What are some easy ways to nourish and protect skin from the harsh elements by altering everyday habits? Find out why men should ditch the soap and water routine this winter and use a gentle exfoliator and moisturizer instead.
Men’s anti-aging and spa treatments
Every man wants to look his best, and these days finding treatments and products to maintain a healthy, youthful appearance is easier than ever. Whether the concern is thinning hair or fine lines and wrinkles, the key to looking and feeling healthy is taking a proactive approach. Here are some articles to help men navigate the world of specialized treatments, hair loss and anti-aging.
- Spa Day: It’s a Guy Thing (Really!). Salons and spa days were once reserved for women, but more and more men are realizing the benefits of spa treatments and relaxation. In fact, many salons now cater to men with specialized treatments, pool tables and video games. This article discusses how men can take advantage of all that spas have to offer and what they should know before making an appointment.
- A Guy’s Guide to Aging Well. Aging gracefully isn’t just a focus for women. But while many men have jumped aboard the plastic surgery train, keeping your skin free from wrinkles and fine lines doesn’t require the expense of a surgeon. Instead, learn how you can maintain youthful skin by making some simple adjustments to your daily skincare routine.
- Men’s Hair Loss: Not a Losing Battle. Nearly half of all men suffer from some type of baldness by age 50. Fortunately, if you’re going bald, there are a variety of treatment options available. Learn more about hair loss, treatments and how to determine your risk of baldness.
Gift-giving guides for men
Sure, your man might want electronics or power tools for his birthday or Christmas, but why not get him something that’s good for his body? Skincare products can seem challenging to buy for someone else, but don’t fret. We have product picks that your man is sure to enjoy, for any occasion, skin type and lifestyle.
- Top 10 Skin Care Gifts For Him. Is the man in your life constantly on the go or looking for ways to simplify his daily routine? Surprise him with a skincare set to ramp up his shaving routine, add moisture to dry skin and perhaps introduce him to a new fragrance. See our products picks for gifts your man will appreciate all year round.
- Holiday Gift Guide for Men 2009. The holidays are a perfect time to get your man a gift he ordinarily wouldn’t buy himself – namely, skincare products. Giving the gift of lotions, fragrances, hair products and shaving supplies shows that you care about his health and body. Check out our picks to help keep your man’s hair, body and shaving smooth and picture-perfect.
- Winter Holiday Skincare Gifts for the Man in Your Life. Want to mix it up this holiday? New skincare products can be a pleasant surprise for your guy, especially if it’s something he wouldn’t typically buy himself. From shaving kits to body wash to colognes to hair products, here are some stocking stuffers to help your man feel a little merrier this holiday season.
- Holiday Season Gift Guide for Men. When searching for the perfect Christmas present for your significant other – or any man in your life – beauty products may be the last thing on your mind. However, spa products and cologne actually make great gifts because they allow men to not only look good, but give them an opportunity to indulge themselves as well. Find out which products we recommend for luxurious yet practical skincare gifts for the man you love.
- Holiday Gift Guide for Men: Gifts Under $50. Planning a low-budget holiday? You can still buy skincare products for the men in your life. Whether you have a teen boy who’s struggling with acne or a husband who’s determined to stave off wrinkles, this handy guide will help you find the perfect skincare gift without going over budget.
- Skincare and Style Tips for Dads: Top 10 Father’s Day Grooming Gifts for Every Man. Looking to buy the perfect present for the dad in your life this Father’s Day? Show him how much you appreciate him with a luxurious grooming gift. Choose from one of our product favorites, which include shaving creams, hair gels, sunscreens, moisturizers and exfoliators.
Taking care of men’s skin no longer has to be a daunting task. Whether the issue is aging, acne, razor burn or simply creating a streamlined grooming routine on the go, all men can benefit from this handy guide. Use the tips in these articles to steer men in the right direction toward finding effective products that reduce irritation, manage skin conditions and maintain youthful, healthy skin for years to come.
Complete Acne Handbook
Clarisonic Product Handbook